Sunday, October 07, 2007

Dog Food, Chicken

Snickers has been eating home made dog food for about two months now. The vet was concerned that Snickers not become overweight and that the food be cooked completely. So far, so good. Snickers seems to be thriving. In the past, she would skip meals. I don't blame her. I wouldn't want to eat the same thing all the time, especially if it came from a bag.











Now Snickers gets fresh food mixed with kibble for crunch. She dances and begs for her meals, and licks her bowl clean. I have noticed that her fur is no longer course, but has become soft with a decrease in shedding. We give her a multivitamin once a day to replace the supplements contained in the dry dog food. This batch is a mix of chicken, sweet potatoes, and apples.











Just take a look at this happy dog!!

9 comments:

Ralph said...

Hi Snickers!

Don't worry I just had a little lick of the beer- but I wanted more!

Could you send me the recipe of your dinner? I shed a WHOLE lot and my mom was thinking about homemade dog food. Have you found it to be less expensive than dry kibble?

Woof,
Ralph

Boo Casanova said...

i was on home cook before switch back to kibbles. few weeks ago, i had diarrhea and stomach discomfort. mom is paranoid cooking for me now.

wet wet licks

Boo

Manda Girl said...

Good for you! I cook for our girls (ground pork (boiled), steamed broccoli, apples and baked squash) and the girls love it!

If you are unsure about the meat getting cooked properly, you can buy a meat thermometer to measure the heat to make sure it's properly cooked.

Glad to hear Snickers loves her new food!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i love variety too....

commercial dog kibbles r boring..

Lorenza said...

Hi, Snickers
Glad you like your homemade food! Since my vet insists on kibbles my mom is not so sure about cooking food for me! But for lunch I always have chicken soup with veggies.
Looking at your pictures I can see how much you like it!
Have a nice day
Lorenza

Ben & Darling said...

those are yummylicious!!! I love home cook food too, grandma always cook for me. Slurp~by the way Snicker, I gaining weight, Im 14kg now. Cool hah, how bout you?

Scrappy and Pebbles said...

You sure are enjoying your mom's cooking....


Scrappy and Pebbles

PreciOus said...

Hi Snickers!

Mm mmm, I would be a happy girl too if I get the yummy looking meal. *Grinz*

Snuggle,
Precious

Jennifer said...

When you decided to start making your own dog food did you find any helpful sites to get you on your way?
My pug blog: http://otisallie.blogspot.com/