Monday, June 04, 2007

Cardinals Are Gone

Our baby cardinals have flown the coop. Here are the last two pictures I was able to take of the babies. They are from Friday and Saturday. By that time, they were making little chirping noises and their eyes were opening. Even their feathers had filled in. We had a lot of rain today. I hope they were able to stay dry!





















For those of you trying to guess Snickers real name, you need to watch the John Wayne movie Rio Bravo. Snickers got her name even before we knew she was the dog we were going to adopt. It was a deal I made with my husband so that he would agree to have a dog. Isn't she pretty?

8 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Snickers.
I hope those little cardinals are ok!
Your name has become a riddle! I have to watch that movie to know how you got your name!
I like your last picture!
Have a good night!
Besos
Lorenza

Boo Casanova said...

hey snickers, dunno any john wayne movie. i think u will tell eventually, no? heheh. those cardinals sure grow up fast.

wet wet licks

Boo

Ben & Darling said...

Oh I have no idea Snickers....mayb I have to search for it...but anywhere, I like your last pic.

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, the baby birds were soon off and away weren't they? Paws crossed they are doing OK.

Licks
Oscar x

PreciOus said...

They sure are clever! I wonder how long will it takes for me to learn to fly.

Snuggle,
Precious

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Snickers and Snickers' Ma,

Thanks for the suggestion about the vermin hat - it sounds real intriguing. Hope you come back and sign my guest book! xxx Asta down under

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

Snickers, you are pretty precious:)

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)

Chilli the Dog said...

Hey Snickers!

Wow...you're lucky to be able to see those baby cardinals grow up and fly off.

What I got to see is my pet caterpillar do that. Come check out my blog :)

I like your last pix too. I have another furren who's three legged. She's a GR and her name is Bagel. I think you two will make good friends. But I dunno if she has a blog and I will never know cuz she's left my country for good. I miss her....

But...I love to have you as my furren and I hope you will too!

Wuff
Chilli