Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Parakeet Dream Catcher

Snickers is part Cherokee. Not really, but I am. Buddy is my second parakeet. She is a female and doesn't talk very much, but loves to snuggle. My first parakeet was a male and he spoke over 35 words. Once I was having a meeting at my house with a volunteer group. Hank wouldn't stop talking, he was so excited to have all the company. Finally, one lady leaned over to shush him. Hank walked over to her side of his cage and said, "Hey Baby. How about a kiss." That bird was the talk of the town! I had saved Hanks tail feathers as he dropped them over the years. When he died, my sister made a beautiful dream catcher out of his feathers. I have it hanging in my office. It reminds me what a wonderful sister I have and what a special gift Hank was to me.

3 comments:

Fu Fu said...

Woh Hank sounds like a casanova birdie. :)

~ fufu

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, Hank was clever!

Licks
Oscar x

Unknown said...

That's a great way to keep a memory. What a cool bird.