Sunday, October 08, 2006

Natural Hair Conditioner

I'm not able to do my shopping because I am home with Snickers during her recovery. This would be a good time to condition my hair. I'm still thinking about all the "unnatural" ingredients that surround us including the artificial hormones that make their way into our drinking water from the manufacture of plastics. I put on my bifocals and took the time to read the list of ingredients in the plastic bottle of conditioner I hold. It includes such things as ethyl ethers, petroleum, alcohols and various waxes. I know these things aren't good to put in body, so why would they be good to put on my body, then rinse off and put in my drinking water?
When I was going to school, one of my friend's mother used olive oil to condition her hair. Well, why not give it a try? I wet my hair with warm water, then conditioned it with roughly 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil that I worked through my hair. I wrapped my hair in a towel and went about my business. I washed it out about 15 minutes later, and was very surprised and pleased to find that my hair was shinier than it's been for years. It was soft, and the frizzies were gone. This cost pennies, no plastics were produced, and no oil products or alcohol were used. Very environmentally friendly.

No comments: